Our computer science program prepares students for careers in information technology and software engineering, fields that are expected to account for nearly 60% of all new jobs between now and 2018. Students in our B.S. in Computer Science program will:
- Develop proficiency in computer programming languages such as C++ and Java.
- Understand the architecture of modern computers.
- Be able to understand and implement common data structures used in computing.
- Be able to develop and analyze algorithms for solving computing problems.
- Develop proficiency in computer networking.
- Understand the principles of computer operating systems.
- Understand the principles of compilers.
- Develop proficiency in at least one application area such as database management, web application, computer graphics, etc.
Student/Faculty Ratio: 13:1
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Office of University Admissions
Chairperson: Chaogui Zhang, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematical Sciences