Cyber Security (Information Security)
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that computer science occupations will account for nearly 60% of job growth between now and 2018. Our information security program prepares students for one of the fastest growing segments of that field: cyber security. Students in our B.S. in Information Security program will:
- Develop proficiency in computer programming languages such as C++ and Java;
- Develop the skills to implement a security policy for protecting IT infrastructure and business data;
- Understand the legal and ethical issues surrounding cybersecurity;
- Understand the architecture of modern computers;Be able to understand common data structures used in computing;
- Be able to analyze computer algorithms;
- Develop proficiency in computer networking;
- Understand the principles of computer operating systems.
Student/Faculty Ratio: 13:1
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Office of University Admissions
Chairperson: Chaogui Zhang, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematical Sciences