You've Selected: IEP
PsyD Pre-Requisite Requirements
- Request for exceptions must be pre-approved by the Director of Clinical Training.
- Students must have completed their degree no more than five years prior to application.
- Demonstrated excellence in academics and clinical work is expected.
Post-Bachelor's Pre-Requisite Requirements for Admission
- At least 18 credits of Psychology coursework at the undergraduate level which should include: statistics, experimental methods/research design, and abnormal/psychopathology.
- A major in Psychology is preferred.
- Combined Verbal and Quantitative GREs greater than 1000 are preferred.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale is expected for both general curriculum and psychology courses.
Post-Master's Pre-Requisite Requirements for Admission
All of the below courses (or their equivalent) must have been completed at the master's level with a grade of B or better to be considered for Post-Master's admission.
- Psy 503 Research and Statistics I
- Psy 504 Research and Statistics II
- Psy 508 Biological Basis of Behavior
- Psy 514 Human Development
- Psy 517 Personality Theories
- Psy 521 Social Psychology
- Psy 522 Cognitive/Affective Bases of Behavior
- Psy 531 Psychopathology
- Psy 532 Child Psychopathology
- Psy 580 Assessment of Adult Personality and Psychopathology
- Psy 556 Master's Thesis**
- Psy 561 Introduction to Psychological Testing
- Psy 571 Introduction to Individual Psychotherapy
- Psy 574 Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Psy 577 Practicum I
- Psy 587 Practicum II Or Psy 578 Internship
**Empirical Thesis Required