- Programs of Study
- Administrative Studies
- Business & Global Innovation
- Communication Arts
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Foreign Languages
- Health & Physical Education
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- Music, Theatre & Dance
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Ph.D. Progam in Human Development
- Physician Assistant
- Psychology & Counseling
- Religious Studies
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
Francis DeMatteo and colleagues puslished the following:
- Arter, P., DeMatteo, F. J., Paulhamus, M., & Reese, A. (2012). Bridging the gap: An interdisciplinary experiential model between school psychology and special education. Pennsylvania Teacher Educator, 11.
- DeMatteo, F. J., Arter, P, Sworen-Parise, C, Fasciana, M. & Paulhamus, M. (2012). Social skills training for young adults with autism spectrum disorder: Overview and implications for practice. National Teacher Education Journal, 5(4).
- Roberts, N. & DeMatteo, F. J. (2012). Demystifying mindfulness for educators. Teacher Education and Practice, 25(2), 173-183.
Upcoming presentations by Dr. DeMatteo include:
- Arter, P., DeMatteo, F. J., Paulhamus, M., Reese, A. (October 2012). Bridging the gap: An interdisciplinary, experiential model between school psychology and special education. Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators-Teacher Education Assembly. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Arter, P. & DeMatteo, F.J., Paulhamus, M., & Reese, A. (November 2012). Transition: It takes a village. Pennsylvania Counsel for Exceptional Children 2012 State Conference: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Brown, T. & DeMatteo, F. J. (November 2012). Building capacity to utilize digital texts and tools in a blended learning environment. 2012 Literacy Research Association Conference: San Diego, California.
- DeMatteo, F. J., Arter, P., Maldonado, C., & Bedwick, M. Families of students with autism: A resource based transition program. National Association of School Psychologists 2013 Annual Conference: Seattle, Washington.
Dr. Patricia Arter and colleagues published the following:
- DeMatteo, F.J., Arter, P.S., Sworen-Parise, C., Fasciana, M., & Paulhamus, M. (2012). Social skills training for young adults with autism spectrum disorder: Overview and implications for practice. National Teacher Education Journal, 5, 4.
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., Paulhamus, M., & Reese, A. (2012). Bridging the gap: An interdisciplinary experiential model between school psychology and special education. Pennsylvania Teacher Educator, in press.
- King-Sears, P. Carran, D., Dammann, S. & Arter. P.S. (2012). Multi-Site analyses of student teachers' skill ratings for working with students with disabilities. Teacher Education Quarterly, 39, 2, 131-149.
Dr Shamshad Ahmed, Assistant Professor in Counseling/Psychology will be presenting her research at a poster session titled Parenting styles and its impact on self esteem and life satisfaction of Arab American and African American Muslim adolescents at
American Counseling Association
In addition, Dr Shamshad Ahmed:
- will be conducting a workshop at the Multicultural Social Justice Leadership Development Academy. Topic : 'How to become a Multiculturally competent Counselor' at American Counseling Association, Pittsburgh, PA 3/19/2010
- with Morgan Owen and Amanda Lavin, two students from the counseling program, will be participating in the Chi Sigma Iota Pi Chapter Show Case at the American Counseling Association, Pittsburgh, PA, 3/19/2010
- participated in the symposium The continuum of Islam in America, challenges of youth in 21st Century- the dialogue at Philadelphia Masjid-Sister Clara Muhammad School, 4700 Wyalusing Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131, February 20, 2010
Steven Alexander, Associate Professor in Art is included in an invitational group exhibition at
Janet Kurnatowski Gallery
205 Norman Ave
January 14 through February 15, 2011
In addition, Mr. Alexander:
- was included in an invitational group exhibition titled Plane Speaking, which features the work of 13 contemporary abstract artists at McKenzie Fine Art, 511 W. 25 St, New York City, January 6 - February 15, 2011
- participated in Steven Alexander & Taro Suzuki: Paintings, a 2-person exhibition of recent abstract paintings at the Heidi Cho Gallery, 511 W. 23 St, New York City, January 6 through February 5, 2011
- presented a one-person exhibition of paintings at Gremillion & Co. Fine Art in Dallas, TX. The exhibition will feature abstract paintings from the past five years, as well as works on paper, and a group of new large-scale pieces. November 5 - December 3, 2010
- presented a one-person exhibition of recent paintings at Morpeth Contemporary Gallery, Hopewell, NJ, October 1 - 30, 2010
- had a group of recent paintings exhibited by Galeria Murilo Castro at the Salao de Artes art fair in Sao Paulo, Brazil, August 17 through 22, 2010
- presented a one-person exhibition of recent paintings. The exhibition included 25 recent works on canvas, and was accompanied by a 28 page full color catalog. Gremillion & Co. Fine Art, Houston, TX, January 21 - February 20, 2010
- was one of twenty artists included in the exhibition Geometric Themes and Variations, a national invitational survey of art exploring recent forms of geometric abstraction at Gallery OneTwentyEight, 128 Rivington Street, New York City, March 17 through April 10, 2010
- was invited to participate in Paper Works, a group exhibition of recent works on paper by New York area artists at Janet Kurnatowski Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, January 21 through February 20, 2010
Estelle Campenni, Ph.D., Associate Professor in Psychology is attending and presenting a poster at the Science of Consciousness conference (April 11 – 16). The international conference is sponsored by The Center for Consciousness Studies. Title of poster is Explorations of the effectiveness of creativity in promoting mindfulness
April 14, 2010
In addition, Dr. Campenni:
- is presenting Mindfulness for the masses: No lotus position required" at the Third Annual Northeastern Pennsylvania Faculty Symposium , Friday, April 9, 2010
- Mentored a student thesis that is being published. Dr. Janet Muse-Burke on was also on the thesis committee:
Richards, K. C., Campenni, C. E., & Muse-Burke, J. L. (in press). Self-care and well-being in mental health professionals: The mediating effects of self-awareness and mindfulness. Journal of Mental Health Counseling
Lloyd L. Lyter, Professor in SSW will present DSM IV TR: The Substance Related Disorders at
PA Certification Board Annual Conference
Dr. Nathaniel F. Parker, Assistant Professor of Music has been invited to guest conduct the Robert Dale Chorale and Bach Festival Orchestra on the Robert Dale Chorale's annual "Messiah Sing-Along" concert.
St. Stephen's Church
Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:00 PM
In addition, Dr. Parker:
- was invited to guest conduct the 4th Annual Monroe/Pike County Orchestra, consisting of students from the Stroudsburg High School and Delaware Valley High School chamber string orchestras at Delaware Valley High School Milford, PA, Wednesday, October 13, 2010
- was invited to guest conduct a full concert performance with the Trujillo Symphony Orchestra as part of the 17th Annual International Bach Festival at Trujillo, Peru, August 9-13, 2010
Tonya N. Saddler, Assistant Professor in Education, with T.L. Strayhorn, recently presented her research Using Mixed Methods to Understand Black Collegians Structured Research Experiences and the Role of Complex Ecologies at
American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting
April 29-May 4, 2010
Sophie Till, Assistant Professor in Music appeared as a guest associate of the Golandsky Institute at the University of the Arts, Philadelphia, for a day program on the Taubman Approach. She presented a lecture for violinists on the Taubman/Golandsky Approach and a workshop with Edna Golandsky. Two Marywood students participated in the day's events.
University of the Arts
March 6, 2010
In addition, Ms Till:
- attended the 2010 ASTA conference to receive the ASTA String Project of the Year Award given to Marywood University's String Project. The award was given for innovative teaching (the development of the Taubman/Golandsky Approach) and the world premier of composer David McGrew's piece written for String Project called Suite Scranton, at Santa Clara, California, February 17-19 2010
- has been invited to perform with a small group of British artists who have received instruments through the Stradivari Trust, which enables artists to acquire world class string instruments, when it celebrates with a special concert at the Cambridge University Concert Hall at Cambridge University, UK, June 14th 2010
Sr. Mary Ann Zimmer, Assistant Professor in Religious Studies published Mary 101: Tradition and Influence. Liguori Publications, 2010.