Hospitality Management Outcomes
With the service industry expanding worldwide, there is a tremendous need for people with a four-year degree in Hospitality Management. As a student within the Hospitality Management Program at Marywood, you will be presented with tremendous career opportunities locally, nationally, and even globally. The internship connections forged by this program provide you with the competitive advantage needed to succeed within this growing field.
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in hospitality management are expected to grow 12% through the year 2016.
- According to data from the National Restaurant Association, the number of foodservice management positions is projected to increase 8% from 2010 TO 2020.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 3% increase in hotel and lodging managers, and a 13% increase in casino hotel managers from 2008 to 2018.
- Nearly 2 million additional jobs are expected in restaurants and foodservice by 2016.
- The lodging industry employs 1.8 million hotel property workers.
- Hospitality managers' salaries range from $40,000 - $150,000 depending on experience, education and the kind of hospitality property.