Visual Arts (Graphic Design, Illustration) Faculty
- Ed Brodsky is the former director of Marywood University's Masters of Fine Art program. He has lectured around the world, won more than 100 creative awards and is a past president of the Art Directors Club.
- Steven Brower is director of Marywood University's Masters of Fine Art program. He is an award-winning author and designer. He lectures nationally and is the former Creative Director of Print magazine, which won two National Magazine Awards during his tenure. Woody Guthrie Artworks, co-authored by Brower and Nora Guthrie and designed by Brower, won a Silver prize in the Foreword Awards and the top prize in the New York Book Show, both in the fine art category.
- Seymour Chwast, regarded as one of the most influential artists of the twentieth century, is founder of the world famous Push Pin Studios.
- Lisa L. Cyr is an accomplished multidisciplinary artist and author with a content-driven approach. Cyr has authored seven books on art and design, including the cutting-edge, mixed media bestseller entitled Art Revolution. She also writes for many of the creative industry's leading art publications. Cyr lectures regularly about successful promotion strategies, marketing opportunities and entrepreneurial endeavors for the creative industry.
- Melanie Hall is a widely exhibited children's book illustrator who has been featured in major art and publishing journals. The Mazzas Museum purchased one of her original pieces of book art.
- Megan Halsey has illustrated nearly 40 children's books. She is a graduate of our program, has been lauded by The New Yorker, Children's Book Council, American Library Association, and has won two Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold awards.
- Christopher Zacharow is one of the most sought after conceptual illustration teachers in New York City. A classically trained painter and illustrator he has been featured in many major magazines around the world.
- And others, including such professionals as Gad Almaliah, Guy Billout, Stavros Cosmopoulus, Stephen Fieser, Peter Fiore, Dian Friedman, Bob Gill, Jean Govoni, Rudy Gutierrez, Jeffrey Keyton, Martin Solomon, Luba Lukova, Barbara Meyer, Jacqui Morgan, Geoffrey Moss, Hank Richardson, James Victore, Christopher Zacharow, Keith Godard, Allan Beaver, Robert Reitzfeld, and Lynn Foster.