Dean: Frances M. Zauhar, Ph.D.
A graduate of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will possess an inquisitive mind, one eager to search out the truth, and one willing to reflect on multiple perspectives in an effort to identify the most reasonable answers posed in criminal justice, business, science, and the three master’s degree programs in the college.
As a College at a Catholic University we present to our students the fundamentals of Catholic identity, with an emphasis on Gospel values. We are also committed to imparting an awareness of the essential characteristics crucial to understanding our interdependent world, and the cultural, religious, philosophical, social, economic, political, and scientific challenges it faces.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Marywood University aspires to foster in its students a conscious understanding of the complexities, enduring themes, and problems that are central to the human experience.
- Our instructional efforts are directed towards preparing students for a lifetime of achievement, leadership, and service, by providing them with wisdom and tools to respond effectively to the needs and challenges of an interdependent world.
- Our intellectual focus is directed towards assisting students to become acquainted with and to critically examine their innermost being, as well as their multiple relationships with others and the natural world.
- Our moral responsibility is to encourage students to fully develop their ethical sensibilities and to contribute, in their lives and work, to the well-being of our common humanity.
Areas of Study
Division of Humanities and Social Science
- Criminal Justice: For those wishing professional preparation in fields related to the administration and management of criminal justice agencies.
Division of Mathematics and Sciences
- Biotechnology: For those seeking education and training in this broad field which encompasses discovery/molecular research, medicine, pharmaceuticals, and ecology, all of which profoundly affect society.
This interdisciplinary program combines contemporary research in science with management and business understanding.
Division of Management
- Business and Managerial Science: The MBA degree enables students to acquire and further develop their managerial and leadership competencies to successfully meet the dynamic challenges of a knowledge-based society and to nurture values conducive to ethical and socially responsible behavior.