Careers in Science, Mathematics and Computer Science
Science Job Opportunities
Our Science Program graduates are skilled and fully qualified to enter directly into careers such as biotechnology/pharmaceutical researcher, physician assistant, environmental consultant, high school science teacher, medical technologist, chemist. Others go on to graduate and/or medical training, including those whom recently enrolled at George Washington University, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Arizona, University of Maryland Medical College. In sum, Science majors are uniquely positioned to achieve any number of goals immediately following graduation.
Check out our recent job openings:
Other job Opportunities:
Lab / Environmental Sampling Technician. Applicant must have a degree in a science related field. Candidate must have the ability to lift 50+ lbs. A valid PA driver's license and clean driving record. Must be flexible, hours may vary. Interested candidates please send resume to email@example.com Equal Opportunity Employer
Vicki Nagy, Administrator
Quantum A/E Labs, Inc.
824 Enterprise Street
Dickson City, PA 18519
(570) 489-6964 ext. 110
For information on educational employment opportunities, please visit:
- Occupational Outlook Handbook for Biological and Medical Sciences
- Biotechnology Institute
- Environmental Careers Organization
- Science's Next Wave
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Boston University Ph.D. Program
Career Outlook for Mathematics and Computer Science
Between 2012 and 2022, the Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts that:
- Information Security Analysts will see a 37% job growth.
- Software Developers will see a 22% job growth.
- Computer Systems Analysts will see a 25% job growth.
- Database Administrators will see a 15% job growth.
- Actuaries will see a 26% job growth.
- Operations Research Analysts will see a 27% job growth.
Careers in Mathematics
The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) lists the following as the most popular career choices of math majors:
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Operations Research
Go to the MAA Mathematics Careers page for more details.
Some links from the MAA Mathematics Careers page that might be of interest:
The Mathematics and Computer Science Program at Marywood University is a departmental member of MAA.