School of Social Work
Director of the Bachelor of Social Work Program/Clinical Faculty
Summary of Duties
Marywood University is a comprehensive university sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary located in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
The School of Social Work seeks to fill the position of Director of the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) Program with a clinical faculty appointment, beginning August 2018. The BSW Program, and the Master of Social Work Program, both accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, comprise the School of Social Work.
The primary responsibilities include directing all aspects of the BSW Program, including: teaching, advising, curriculum development, oversight of faculty, recruitment activities, CSWE compliance and re-affirmation and participating in School of Social Work and University functions. Full-time teaching load in addition to administrative responsibilities is 18 credits for the academic year. In addition, the position will require travel to field sites and community colleges in approximately a 2-hour radius from Marywood. A Summer stipend reimburses required recruiting and program preparation activities.
The Director of the BSW Program will report to the Director of the School of Social Work.
- Candidate must be a graduate of CSWE accredited MSW program with 4 years of post-masters practice experience and licensed for the practice of social work (LSW/LCSW)
- Social work teaching experience in one or more of the following areas: Research, Practice, Human Behavior or Policy
- Higher education experience in recruitment and curriculum development
- Interest and skills for the development of online/hybrid courses
- A minimum of one-year successful administrative experience.
How to Apply
Applicants should include a letter of interest, a current curriculum vita and a list of references with contact information. An electronic copy of materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018