Career Engagement Specialist
Summary of Duties
Marywood University is seeking applications for the position of Career Engagement Specialist. As an essential member of the Student Success area, the successful candidate will assist undergraduate and graduate students in creating comprehensive, individualized career plans that coincide with their academic and professional endeavors, as well as serving our distinguished alumni.
Recognizing that career development occurs at all phases of life, this position will assist students during all stages of professional development and will tailor services to each respective stage and individual need beginning in the first year and continuing on to graduation and beyond. The successful candidate will work with the administration and academic deans to offer specialized programming tailored to each of three colleges as well as program-specific initiatives; she/he will also collaborate closely with our Alumni Office to create and maintain new opportunities to link alum with current students.
- General academic advisement
- Assistance with internship, interview preparation and job searches
- Assist special populations such as veteran students and alumni
- Assistance with other Student Success areas as needed (including Disability Services, Retention and Advising, Military and Veterans Affairs, and Tutoring Services)
- Demonstrated ability to create and effectively present workshops to various constituencies including students, faculty, and alumni
- Experience in data collection and analysis used to develop departmental goals and initiatives, student learning outcomes, and pertinent reports to various campus constituencies as requested.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately communicate through various modalities including social media (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), email, and other technological resources
This is a 10-month position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but preference will be given to those received prior to August 15, 2017.
Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Higher Education, Educational Leadership, or related field. Experience in higher education, and career development specifically, highly preferred.
How to Apply
A completed application must be on file in the Office of Human Resources.
Office of Human Resources
Liberal Arts Center 86
(Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)